Manitobah Mukluks is seeking a Logistics Coordinator for our Winnipeg Head Office.
As a Logistics Assistant, you will be responsible for coordinating personnel and process to achieve the effective distribution of goods. From processing orders and overseeing cycle of order fulfillment, the goal is to ensure smooth operations of a variety of channels and maximizing efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shipping web and wholesale orders by various shipping systems
- Preparing, managing and follow up for FTL, LTL / FCL, LCL deliveries in Canada and internationally
- Assisting vendors, carriers, customs brokers to share and clarify import / export documentation by email
- Miscellaneous Server administration as skill set allows, including but not limited to, email administration, file server and print server maintenance.
- Generating import / export documents: Waybills, BOLs, invoices, packing lists, declarations
- Requesting and getting the rates for road, rail, sea and air transportations by email, phone and negotiation about terms and conditions
- Scheduling pickups and deliveries
- Maintaining excel charts and analyzing freight rates and performance of carriers
- Entering data electronically: EDI
- Resolve shipping issues: research on missing goods, open claims, re-routing shipment
- Assist Logistic manager with developing work instruction, generating documents, web- based research, analyzing data
- Assist the Logistics manager to keep communication flow with warehouse team to manage preparation of orders according to customer compliance, support shippers with manifests, and troubleshooting, communicate issues to customers service and warehouse manager
- Preparing documents and labels for receiving.
- 1-2 years’ experience in shipping locally & internationally (inbound and outbound)
- Able to communicate with carriers through email and over the phone – requesting rate quotations, On time delivery reporting & claims filing
- Working with customs compliance forwarder
- Working in a high pace warehouse environment
- Creating commercial invoice
- Able to work with multiple shipping software (Purolator, Canada Post & FedEx)
- High volume of order data entry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy in documents, emails, phone conversation, negotiations on rates and terms, ability to read and understand documents and manuals.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to analyze documents, charts, reports
- Ability to generate, manage and maintain paper and electronic files
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
- Ability to effectively work in an organized, efficient, neat manner; attention to detail is a must
Qualified Indigenous candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and to self-declare.
Send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2018. Only applicants selected will be contacted for interviews.